- These two small gourds may hve been used as volume measures in Mexico in around 1900. The "Palmer... Acapulco" inscription refers to Edward Palmer (1831-1911), a nomadic collector of plants and anthropological items, many of which he sent to the Smithsonian.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- Volumetric Measures
- measure 1: 15/16 in x 3 1/4 in; 2.38125 cm x 8.255 cm
- measure 2: 3/4 in x 2 7/8 in; 1.905 cm x 7.3025 cm
- overall; nestled inside each other: 1 in x 3 1/4 in; 2.54 cm x 8.255 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Chemistry
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.