- The inscriptions on the bottom of these foot-powered wood and leather bellows read “BUFFALO DENTAL MFGC / BUFFALO, N.Y.” and “NO. 9” and “26 42 -5?” Thomas Fletcher (1840-1903)—an English dentist, inventor, and pioneer of the gas engineering industry—designed the form.
- Ref: Buffalo Dental Manufacturing Co., Catalogue and Price List of Dentists’ Supplies (Buffalo, 1901), p. 509.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- Buffalo Dental Manufacturing Company
- place made
- United States: New York, Buffalo
- overall: 4 in; x 10.16 cm
- overall: 4 1/4 in x 4 1/8 in x 5 3/8 in; 10.795 cm x 10.4775 cm x 13.6525 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Credit Line
- Gift of University of Pennsylvania
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Chemistry
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.