- The “Pat. Dec. 09 / Made in U.S.A. / PA." inscription on the metal cap of this glass bottle refers to a patent issued to Christian H. Werner (1867-1948), an immigrant from Denmark who established the American Metal Cap Co. in Brooklyn.
- Ref: Christian H. Werner, “Sheet-Metal Cap,” U.S. Patent 975,914 (Nov. 15, 1910).
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- place made
- United States
- Associated Place
- United States: New Jersey
- overall: 7 in x 2 1/4 in; 17.78 cm x 5.715 cm
- overall: 7 13/16 in x 2 1/4 in; 19.84375 cm x 5.715 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Credit Line
- Gift of University of Pennsylvania
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Chemistry
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.