- Henry Heil (1854-1919) was born in Germany, moved to the United States in 1872, graduated from the St. Louis College of Pharmacy, and established the Henry Heil Chemical Co. in 1882. Heil Scientific, as the firm was later known, donated this sieve to the Smithsonian in 1959. It has a wooden frame, and brass wire mesh.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- Associated Place
- United States: New Jersey
- overall: 6 cm x 17.4 cm; 2 3/8 in x 6 7/8 in
- overall: 2 1/2 in x 7 in; 6.35 cm x 17.78 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Chemistry
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.