- Steelyard with a 8.15-inch graduated wooden beam, metal suspension hook, 4.9-inch weighing pan, and cubic iron weight.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- steelyard and poise
- Date made
- ca. 1600
- place made
- beam: 8 1/8 in x 1 in; 20.6375 cm x 2.54 cm
- weight: 1 1/4 in x 1 1/4 in x 1 1/2 in; 3.175 cm x 3.175 cm x 3.81 cm
- pan: 4 7/8 in; x 12.3825 cm
- overall, minimum (shipping, storage, or collapsed): 1 3/4 in x 5 in x 8 1/2 in; 4.445 cm x 12.7 cm x 21.59 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Weights & Measures
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Chemistry
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.
Note: Comment submission is temporarily unavailable while we make improvements to the site. We apologize for the interruption. If you have a question relating to the museum's collections, please first check our Collections FAQ. If you require a personal response, please use our Contact page.