- Here, a Bunsen burner, a vessel for solution, and an atomizer are mounted together. When attached to an air supply, the atomizer blows a fine spray of the solution in the gas, giving a bright, broad frame with the color characteristic of the salt used. There is a “GAERTNER” inscription.
- Ref: Gaertner Scientific Corporation ad in Science 62 (July 31, 1925): ix.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- Associated Place
- United States: New Jersey
- overall: 8 in x 3 in; 20.32 cm x 7.62 cm
- overall: 7 3/4 in x 5 3/4 in x 4 3/8 in; 19.685 cm x 14.605 cm x 11.1125 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Credit Line
- Gift of Western Reserve University Department of Physics
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Chemistry
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.