- The inscription on this vacuum bottle reads: “VACO / Registered / Keeps Hot 24 hours / without fire / Keeps Cold 72 hours / without ice / The Caloris Company / Philadelphia, U.S.A.”
- Ref: Paul O. E. Friedrich and John G. Lyman, “Vacuum Bottle,” U.S. Patent 902,528 (Oct. 27, 1908), assigned to Caloris Manufacturing Co.
- Paul O. E. Friedrich, “Vacuum Nursing-Bottle,” U.S. Patent 922,413 (May 18, 1909), assigned to Caloris Manufacturing Co.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- Vacuum Bottle
- Caloris Company
- place made
- United States: Pennsylvania, Philadelphia
- Associated Place
- United States: New Jersey
- overall: 10 in x 3 1/4 in; 25.4 cm x 8.19988 cm
- overall: 9 7/8 in x 3 5/16 in; 25.0825 cm x 8.41375 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Credit Line
- Transfer from D.C. Public Schools
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Chemistry
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.