- This iron barrel of a musket came from T. Morris Perot III, a businessman whose ancestors established a malting company (or brewery) in Philadelphia in the late eighteenth century. Joseph Priestley had similar gun barrels in his laboratory and used them for chemical experiments.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- Barrel of a Musket
- overall: 111 mm x 32 mm; 4 3/8 in x 1 1/4 in
- overall: 1 5/8 in x 43 5/8 in x 1 3/8 in; 4.1275 cm x 110.8075 cm x 3.4925 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Credit Line
- Gift of Mr. T. Morris Perot, III
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Chemistry
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.