- George Safford Parker (1863-1937) established the Parker Pen Company in Janesville, Wisc. in 1888 and received his first fountain pen patent the following year. This example has a dark maroon plastic shell and silver metal cap.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- Fountain Pen
- overall: 14 cm x 1.3 cm; 5 1/2 in x 1/2 in
- overall: 5 5/16 in x 1/2 in; 13.49375 cm x 1.27 cm
- ID Number
- accession number
- catalog number
- Credit Line
- Gift of Celanese Plastics Company
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Chemistry
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.