- The inscription on this pen reads "“Waterman's Ideal Fountain” and the latest patent date is Aug. 4, 1903.
- Ref: William I. Ferris, “Fountain Pen,” U.S. Patent 735,659 (Aug. 4, 1903), assigned to the Waterman Company.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- Fountain Pen
- L.E. Waterman Company
- Associated Place
- United States: New Jersey
- overall: 13 cm x 1.2 cm; 5 1/8 in x 1/2 in
- overall: 5 1/4 in x 3/8 in; 13.335 cm x.9525 cm
- ID Number
- accession number
- catalog number
- Credit Line
- Gift of Celanese Plastics Company
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Chemistry
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.