- The “Dupont Lucite U.S.A.” inscription on the back of this hand mirror refers to an acrylic material invented by Dupont in 1931.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- mirror, hand
- E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company
- place made
- United States
- overall: 23.5 cm x 13 cm x 1 cm; 9 1/4 in x 5 1/8 in x 3/8 in
- overall: 3/8 in x 5 1/16 in x 9 3/8 in;.9525 cm x 12.85875 cm x 23.8125 cm
- ID Number
- accession number
- catalog number
- Credit Line
- Gift of Celanese Plastics Company
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Chemistry
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.
Note: Comment submission is temporarily unavailable while we make improvements to the site. We apologize for the interruption. If you have a question relating to the museum's collections, please first check our Collections FAQ. If you require a personal response, please use our Contact page.