- Tours type shouldered flagon or pichet with a domed base, twenty-lobed concave shell or anthemion thumb piece, and upturned wedge extension burnt to the heart-shaped, pouted lid. One pair of thin incised lines around cupped rim and midbody, and one thicker line on base. Strap handle with stepped thumbrest and short square terminal. Inside of lid has a small, circular, white paper dealer's label, printed in bright pink and inscribed in black ink, affixed with yellowed cellophane tape above a circular touchmark of a four-petaled motif encircled by eight stars. Graphite letters and numbers inscribed on inside of lid and bottom underside.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- place made
- France: Centre-Val de Loire, Tours
- Physical Description
- pewter (overall material)
- overall: 8 3/4 in x 6 in x 5 in; 22.225 cm x 15.24 cm x 12.7 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Credit Line
- Gift of Mrs. Constance Dwan Wylie (Walker Gill Wylie Collection)
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.