- Black iron platform scale designed for countertop use. The inscription on the side reads “BUFFALO SCALE CO.” The firm termed it a “Union Scale” that it was “exceptionally popular for general purposes, as it can be used for both a platform and a scoop scale.” This example has a single beam, a platform measuring 10 inches x 13.75 inches, a brass scoop, and eight iron weights.
- Ref: Buffalo Scales, Miniature Catalog No. 526, p. 15.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- Platform Scale
- Object Type
- Buffalo Scale Company
- place made
- United States
- Associated Place
- United States: New Jersey
- scale: 34.4 cm x 36 cm x 44 cm; 13 9/16 in x 14 3/16 in x 17 5/16 in
- overall: 40.5 cm x 68.5 cm x 66 cm; 15 15/16 in x 26 15/16 in x 26 in
- overall; scale: 12 1/4 in x 26 in x 11 1/8 in; 31.115 cm x 66.04 cm x 28.2575 cm
- overall; scoop: 5 1/2 in x 18 1/2 in x 11 1/8 in; 13.97 cm x 46.99 cm x 28.2575 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Weights & Measures
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Chemistry
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.