- Shouldered flagon or pichet with flared neck and base, double-acorn thumb piece, and wedge extension burnt to the circular pouted lid; approximately quart size. Three incised lines around rim and two faint at neck. Plain strap handle with flat lower terminal. Bottom inside with white cloth collector's label typed (in black) and inscribed (in blue ink) with type "MONTEBARD / BOURGAGNE" (sic). No other marks.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- place made
- Physical Description
- pewter (overall material)
- overall: 9 3/4 in x 4 3/4 in x 3 7/8 in; 24.765 cm x 12.065 cm x 9.8425 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Credit Line
- Gift of Mrs. Constance Dwan Wylie (Walker Gill Wylie Collection)
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.