- Lidless, bracket-handled, cylindrical metric measure with a spouted, cutaway collar and molded base. Stamped on face of handle "DECILITRE" sideways in raised serif letters overstruck with two letters in circles, and on top with an indiscernible number of small letters; on body with an imperial crown at front and eight large letters around neck; on collar with nine more letters; and along top of inside rim with more small letters. Flat bottom struck once with touchmark "TRIVELLI / A SAUMUR". One of an assembled set of eight metric measures, DL*67.0326-.0333.
- Attributed to Trivelli of Saumur, France.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- date made
- place made
- France: Pays de la Loire, Saumur
- Physical Description
- pewter (overall material)
- overall: 4 in x 3 in x 2 1/4 in; 10.16 cm x 7.62 cm x 5.715 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Credit Line
- Gift of Mrs. Constance Dwan Wylie (Walker Gill Wylie Collection)
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.