- Baluster measure with bud thumb piece; pint size. Stepped, triangular extension is burnt to the flat lid, which has a pair of incised lines around edge and center. Body has a galleried rim and flared base; one pair of incised lines around rim and two around body. Tapered, S-scroll handle with pointed terminal; short cylindrical strut, no attachment. Large serif letter "S" stamped incuse sideways on handle outside near top. No other marks.
- From a set of six measures, DL*67.0100-.0105, attributed to T. & W. Willshire of Bristol, England, circa 1800, on the basis of the mark on DL*67.0102.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- date made
- ca 1800
- place made
- United Kingdom: England, Bristol, City of
- Physical Description
- pewter (overall material)
- overall: 6 in x 5 1/8 in x 3 1/2 in; 15.24 cm x 13.0175 cm x 8.89 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Credit Line
- Gift of Mrs. Constance Dwan Wylie (Walker Gill Wylie Collection)
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.