- Bristol Low or West Country measure; gill size. Conical or ovoid body with incised line at seam; circular, everted rim with two incised lines; molded foot. Tapered, C-scroll handle has spurred thumbrest; both terminals attached to body. Illegible mark on rim interior. Rim exterior stamped to left of handle with verification mark for Bath. Bottom exterior has maker's mark of M. Fothergill & Sons. From a set of four, DL*67.0125-.0128.
- Maker is M. Fothergill & Sons, Bristol, England; working 1783-1835.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- date made
- place made
- United Kingdom: England, Bristol
- Physical Description
- pewter (overall material)
- overall: 3 1/2 in x 3 3/8 in x 2 5/8 in; 8.89 cm x 8.5725 cm x 6.6675 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Credit Line
- Gift of Mrs. Constance Dwan Wylie (Walker Gill Wylie Collection)
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.