- Lidless bulbous or bellied measure with a galleried rim, cast circular flared base, and blind hinge lug, engraved "E.ETTERSHANK" in italicized serif letters on front of belly; pint size. Two incised lines around rim, one at foot, and two pairs around body. Strap handle has a stepped thumbrest and flat lower terminal; cylindrical strut. Rim exterior is stamped to right of handle "PINT" and with a crowned "A.C / N\o 2" verification mark; City of Aberdeen verification mark is to left of handle.
- The blind hinge lug is thought to be an Aberdeen feature.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- date made
- place made
- United Kingdom: Scotland, Aberdeen
- Physical Description
- pewter (overall material)
- overall: 5 5/8 in x 5 1/8 in x 3 in; 14.2875 cm x 13.0175 cm x 7.62 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Credit Line
- Gift of Mrs. Constance Dwan Wylie (Walker Gill Wylie Collection)
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.