- Lidless baluster measure with a galleried rim, flared base, and blind hinge lug; gill size. Two incised lines around rim, one at foot, and two pairs around body. Plain strap handle with square lower terminal and cylindrical strut. Rim exterior has City of Aberdeen verification mark left of handle. Bottom inside with two pairs of concentric circles.
- The blind hinge lug is thought to be an Aberdeen feature.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- measure, gill
- date made
- place made
- United Kingdom: Scotland, Aberdeen
- Physical Description
- pewter (overall material)
- overall: 3 3/4 in x 3 1/8 in x 2 1/8 in; 9.525 cm x 7.9375 cm x 5.3975 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Credit Line
- Gift of Mrs. Constance Dwan Wylie (Walker Gill Wylie Collection)
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.