- Bracket-handled, cylindrical metric measure with a sloped collar pinched into spout at front and an overhanging pouted lid; molded lower rim and base. Curved-back thumb piece with wedge extension; five-knuckle hinge has a domed-end hinge pin. Stamped on front of body "LI[TR]E" in incuse serif letters; on front of lower rim, extension and face of handle with a small imperial crown; and on extension, tip of lid and face of handle with an indecipherible number of letter verification marks. Underside of flat bottom struck once with circular touchmark "BUNEL (arched) / A / VILLEDIEU (curved)" in raised serif letters.
- Maker is Bunel of Villedieu, France.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- date made
- 19th century
- place made
- France: Normandie, Département du Calvados
- Physical Description
- pewter (overall material)
- overall: 8 3/4 in x 6 1/4 in x 4 1/2 in; 22.225 cm x 15.875 cm x 11.43 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Credit Line
- Gift of Mrs. Constance Dwan Wylie (Walker Gill Wylie Collection)
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.