- Tapered cylindrical, lidded and spouted flagon or pichet on a flared base. Friction-fit, incised, flat lid with ridged heart-shaped cover over the inset, V-shaped, curvilinear spout. S-scroll strap handle with stepped thumb rest and ball-and-disk lower terminal; thumb piece broken off. Five-knuck hinge with blind hinge lug. Interior with plouk or pimple below rim indicating capacity level. Top of lid stamped with a crown over "1763" and "MH". Underside of flat bottom is struck with a barred pointed shield bearing three imperial crowns; wrigglework engraved "JAS" over a branched motif; and inscribed "42/1243", "6p-" and "50". Bottom inside is struck with four marks arranged in a circle, three crowned and one calligraphic letter.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- date made
- place made
- United Kingdom: England
- Physical Description
- pewter (overall material)
- overall: 3 3/4 in x 4 1/8 in x 2 5/8 in; 9.525 cm x 10.4775 cm x 6.6675 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Credit Line
- Bequest of Miss Elizabeth S. Stevens
- See more items in
- Home and Community Life: Domestic Life
- Domestic Furnishings
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.
Note: Comment submission is temporarily unavailable while we make improvements to the site. We apologize for the interruption. If you have a question relating to the museum's collections, please first check our Collections FAQ. If you require a personal response, please use our Contact page.