- Large, plain-rim circular dish with flat, shallow well; no foot ring. Underside struck with touch marks of John Townsend and Thomas Giffin connected by a raised "&" in a shaped surround; four undecipherable pseudo hallmarks below.
- Makers are John Townsend and Thomas Giffin of London, England; working 1768-1778.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- date made
- place made
- United Kingdom: England, London
- Physical Description
- pewter (overall material)
- overall: 7/8 in x 14 7/8 in; 2.2225 cm x 37.7825 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Credit Line
- Gift of E. W. Swift and Mrs. Sarah Brent
- See more items in
- Home and Community Life: Domestic Life
- Domestic Furnishings
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.
Note: Comment submission is temporarily unavailable while we make improvements to the site. We apologize for the interruption. If you have a question relating to the museum's collections, please first check our Collections FAQ. If you require a personal response, please use our Contact page.