- Ovoid octagonal or panel-sided coffeepot on four cast, scrolled feet with conforming, flared, hinged lid topped by rosette knop; spurred, D- or ear-shaped handle with scrolled sockets on stepped oval attachments; and cast, scroll-decorated S-curve spout with split lip. Body perforated at spout. Knop and handle japanned black. Concave bottom has rectangular mark on inside and is stamped incuse on underside with maker's and pattern marks.
- Maker is Smith & Feltman of Albany, NY (1849-1852); specialized in Britannia wares.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- date made
- place made
- United States: New York, Albany
- Physical Description
- Britannia (overall material)
- pewter (overall material)
- overall: 10 1/4 in x 11 7/8 in x 5 1/4 in; 26.035 cm x 30.1625 cm x 13.335 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Credit Line
- Bequest of Miss Elizabeth S. Stevens
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.