- Scalloped or ribbed pear-shaped teapot on four cast scroll feet with domed, hinged lid topped by button knop. Fluted S-scroll spout with split lip. Fluted cylindrical sockets for spurred C-shaped handle, which is broken off and stored inside teapot. Body perforated at spout. Underside of body struck with maker's mark and four sets of numbers.
- Maker is Shaw & Fisher of Sheffield, England; 1830-1894. The firm specialized in Britannia and, later, electroplated wares.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- date made
- place made
- United Kingdom: England, Sheffield, Sheffield
- Physical Description
- Britannia (overall material)
- wood (handle material)
- pewter (overall material)
- overall: 6 3/8 in x 5 3/8 in x 3 3/8 in; 16.1925 cm x 13.6525 cm x 8.5725 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Credit Line
- Gift of Daughters of Mrs. Alice Pike Barney
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.