- Octagonal or panel-sided, urn-shaped cream pot with spurred S-scroll handle; missing pedestal base. Conforming rim and pouring spout. Maker's mark partially visible on underside of body. From a sugar bowl and creamer set, DL*311709 and DL*311714.
- Maker is Leonard, Reed & Barton of Taunton, MA. Founded by Gustavus Leonard, Henry F. Reed and Charles E. Barton as successor to Taunton Britannia Manufacturing Company in 1835; became Reed & Barton in 1840. Marked panel-sided coffee- and teapots matching sugar bowl DL*311709 and creamer DL*311714 are known.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- date made
- place made
- United States: Massachusetts, Taunton
- Physical Description
- pewter (overall material)
- overall: 3 1/2 in x 5 3/4 in x 4 1/4 in; 8.89 cm x 14.605 cm x 10.795 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Credit Line
- Bequest of Miss Elizabeth S. Stevens
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.