- Wide-ribbed, cylindrical pot with rounded, hinged lid topped by a C-scroll knop and triple C-scroll handle on four scroll feet; engraved "B" in foliate script on one side. Body is open at inset, curved spout with its shoulder continuing across the opening. Cast knop, handle and feet. Underside of rounded-edge, flat bottom is struck incuse at center with circular beehive trademark for "ADELPHI SILVER PLATE CO." bordered by "QUADRUPLE PLATE - / NEW-YORK", and "100(3?)" below.
- Maker is Adelphi Silver Plate Co. of New York, NY (factory located in Brooklyn); in business, circa 1890-1915.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- pot, cocoa
- date made
- ca 1890-1915
- place made
- United States: New York, New York City
- Physical Description
- silver plate (overall material)
- overall: 9 3/4 in x 8 3/8 in x 3 3/4 in; 24.765 cm x 21.2725 cm x 9.525 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Credit Line
- Gift of Daughters of Mrs. Alice Pike Barney
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.