- Squat, pear-shaped teapot with a domed, hinged lid topped by a button knop, an S-curve spout ending in a V-split lip, and a hollow, high D- or ear-shaped handle flattened at its lower end. Applied molded rims on lid and body; possible applied motifs on back side of lid and top face of handle. Body is perforated at spout and has a raised foot ring on its flat bottom. Bottom underside is struck incuse at center with a circular beehive mark for "ADELPHI SILVER PLATE CO." bordered by "QUADRUPLE PLATE - / NEW-YORK", and "17" below.
- Maker is Adelphi Silver Plate Co. of New York, NY (factory located in Brooklyn), c. 1890-c. 1915.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- date made
- ca 1890 - 1915
- place made
- United States: New York, New York City
- Physical Description
- silver plate (overall material)
- overall: 5 7/8 in x 7 1/8 in x 4 1/4 in; 14.9225 cm x 18.0975 cm x 10.795 cm
- ID Number
- accession number
- catalog number
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.