- Raised double-bellied pitcher on a flared circular pedestal base with flat, gadrooned edge. Nearly level, gadrooned and double-scored rim has a flat pouring lip creased at center. Cast C- and S-curve handle has waterleaf sprig at top and split-scroll lower terminal. Underside of foot is crudely engraved "S / H E". Underside of rounded bottom is struck below centerpunch "JD" in raised roman letters in an oval.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- date made
- ca 1790 - 1800
- place made
- United States: Pennsylvania, Philadelphia
- Physical Description
- silver (overall material)
- overall: 4 1/2 in x 4 1/4 in x 2 3/4 in; 11.43 cm x 10.795 cm x 6.985 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Credit Line
- Gift of Dorothy Longnecker, in memory of her son Frank Longnecker
- See more items in
- Home and Community Life: Domestic Life
- Domestic Furnishings
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.
Note: Comment submission is temporarily unavailable while we make improvements to the site. We apologize for the interruption. If you have a question relating to the museum's collections, please first check our Collections FAQ. If you require a personal response, please use our Contact page.