- Thistle-shaped goblet on a flared-end stem with ball knop and flat circular foot having a central hole in its underside that fits over a post on stand. Flat-chased symmetrical floral decoration covers front of upper body and wide die-rolled band of seven flower motifs encircles lower body. Underside of flat bottom struck incuse "PAIRPOINT MF'G CO" above "P" in diamond logo and "QUADRUPLE / PLATE" in san serif letters, and "1002" in serif letters. From tilting ice pitcher set, 1979.0428.01-.04.
- Maker is Pairpoint Corporation of New Bedford, MA; 1880-1958.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- Cup, Footed
- date made
- 1880 - 1900
- place made
- United States: Massachusetts, New Bedford
- place used
- United States: Virginia
- Physical Description
- silver plate (overall material)
- overall: 4 7/8 in x 3 in; 12.3825 cm x 7.62 cm
- ID Number
- accession number
- catalog number
- Credit Line
- Gift of Lonnelle Davison Aikman in memory of Mabel May Davison
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.