- Shallow, circular dish or tray with banded rim, rounded sides and flat well featuring a flat-chased design of an exotic bird perched on a flowering brach with wings outstretched. Cast curved tab handle attached to rim has circular opening and floral deocration on top. No marks. Dent in booge opposite handle. From tilting ice pitcher set, 1979.0428.01-.04.
- Maker is Pairpoint Corporation of New Bedford, MA; 1880-1958.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- date made
- 1880 - 1900
- place made
- United States: Massachusetts, New Bedford
- place used
- United States: Virginia
- Physical Description
- silver plate (overall material)
- overall: 1 3/8 in x 8 in x 6 1/2 in; 3.4925 cm x 20.32 cm x 16.51 cm
- ID Number
- accession number
- catalog number
- Credit Line
- Gift of Lonnelle Davison Aikman in memory of Mabel May Davison
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.