- Flat oval tray with molded sides and large beaded rim on four applied oval boss feet. Well obverse is engraved with an oval band of trumpet-shaped leaves and flowers sprouting scrolls around a foliate script "W" at center. Circular tag affixed to underside of well at one end is embossed "* ROGERS BROS. MFG CO. * / HARTFORD CONN. (in outer circle)" and "****** / EXTRA / HEAVY / PLATE. / ******* (in inner circle)". Clipped-corner rectangular, red-bordered white paper label affixed at center of underside.
- Maker is Rogers Brothers Manufacturing Co. (William, Asa H., and Simeon S. Rogers) of Hartford, CT; 1853-1861.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- date made
- 1853 - 1861
- owner; user
- Washington, Mary Anne Hammond
- place made
- United States: Connecticut, Hartford
- place owned; place used
- United States: Georgia, Macon
- Physical Description
- silver plate (overall material)
- overall: 1/2 in x 10 3/8 in x 7 5/8 in; 1.27 cm x 26.3525 cm x 19.3675 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Credit Line
- Gift of Mrs. Ellen Washington Bellamy
- See more items in
- Home and Community Life: Domestic Life
- Domestic Furnishings
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.
Note: Comment submission is temporarily unavailable while we make improvements to the site. We apologize for the interruption. If you have a question relating to the museum's collections, please first check our Collections FAQ. If you require a personal response, please use our Contact page.