- Plain, raised hemispherical bowl on a flared or trumpet-shape pedestal atop a square base with applied sides. Applied beading at rim and at top and bottom of pedestal. One side of base is struck "C.Wiltberger" in raised roman letters in a conforming surround. Square piece of wood inserted into bottom of base is adhered with a large cloth label printed "SHIPP. / ACC." and a smaller paper label inscribed "345".
- Maker is Christian Wiltberger (1766-1851) of Philadelphia, PA; working by 1793 (when partnership with Samuel Alexander dissolved) until 1817.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- date made
- ca 1800
- place made
- United States: Pennsylvania, Philadelphia
- Physical Description
- silver (overall material)
- wood (block in base material)
- overall: 4 3/4 in x 6 1/2 in; 12.065 cm x 16.51 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Credit Line
- Gift of Colonel William E. Shipp
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.