- Two-handled circular bowl with molded rim and midband on plain circular foot ring. Engraved on one side "RBK" in conjoined shaded script over "1911". Two ring handles attached to mirib have tapered, horizontal extensions applied to their tops; one extension bent. Exterior struck at back right of monogram below rim with a small incuse rectangle, and below midband with "M\N & W\B" in a rectangle next to three hallmarks, a lion passant facing left in scalloped-top and -bottom square, uncrowned leopard's head in scalloped-top shield, and raised roman letter "p" in clipped-corner, scalloped-bottom square. Underside of rounded bottom struck incuse "MAPPIN & WEBB / LONDON" in sans serif letters above "MA" and arrow motif in an oval; "66/12" is scratched at upper right of maker's mark.
- Maker is Mappin & Webb of Oxford Street, London & The Royal Works, Sheffield. Firm's origins date to 1775, but known as Mappin and Webb & Co., 1868-1889, and Mappin & Webb Ltd., 1889-present. Above "M\N & W\B" in rectangle mark registered in December 1899.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- date made
- place made
- United Kingdom: England, London
- Physical Description
- silver (overall material)
- overall: 2 3/4 in x 7 1/4 in x 4 1/8 in; 6.985 cm x 18.415 cm x 10.4775 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.