- Handleless seamed cylindrical cup with straight tapered sides, a faint band of five incised lines, and an applied molded rim and foot ring, both with beading; flat bottom set in. Engraved in script on opposite sides of exterior "W\m C.P. Breckinridge." and "S.A. Society Premium, / for Essay 1858." Bottom underside struck once "JOHN KITTS & CO." in incuse serif letters.
- Maker is John Kitts & Co. of Louisville, KY; active circa 1836-1878.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- date made
- place made
- United States: Kentucky, Louisville
- Physical Description
- silver (overall material)
- overall: 4 in x 3 1/8 in; 10.16 cm x 7.9375 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Credit Line
- Gift of Miss Sophonisba P. Breckinridge
- See more items in
- Home and Community Life: Domestic Life
- Domestic Furnishings
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.
Note: Comment submission is temporarily unavailable while we make improvements to the site. We apologize for the interruption. If you have a question relating to the museum's collections, please first check our Collections FAQ. If you require a personal response, please use our Contact page.