- Pear-shaped shaker with overall cast-relief decoration of flowers and foliage. Dome- or bell-top, pierced removable cap with spire finial and high collar. Underside of slightly rounded bottom is engraved ""MHS"" in conjoined foliate script and struck with several incuse marks, "THE JAS. R. ARMIGER / CO." flanked by "925" and "1000" with a small portion of a geometric band below. One of a pair, 1978.0077.01-.02; patterns are different and .01 has slightly larger holes.
- Maker is James R. Armiger Co., of Baltimore, MD; in business, 1892-circa 1936.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- shaker, pepper
- Object Type
- date made
- 1892 - ca 1936
- place made
- United States: Maryland, Baltimore
- Physical Description
- silver (overall material)
- silverplate (collar material)
- overall: 3 1/2 in x 1 1/2 in; 8.89 cm x 3.81 cm
- ID Number
- accession number
- catalog number
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.