- Raised circular bowl ornamented with a triple-reeded band and three, equidistant, arrow-shaped cigarette holders applied at its rim, and five turquoise stones of different geometric shapes bezel set on its rounded sides; a small, incuse swastika-shape is stamped between the stones and a larger version of the motif is stamped three times on the flat bottom. No foot ring. Bottom underside struck incuse "STERLING" in sans serif letters, "J.H" between two sideways Ys, and "105".
- Mark is that of John Hasselbring/Hasselbring Manufacturing Co. of Brooklyn, NY; in business, circa 1890-1955. Firm originally named after founder, incorporated in 1911 as the Hasselbring Mfg. Co., and finally purchased by Crown Silver Co., circa 1955.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- date made
- place made
- United States: New York, Brooklyn
- Physical Description
- silver (overall material)
- turquoise (mounted stones material)
- overall: 2 1/4 in x 5 3/8 in x 5 in; 5.715 cm x 13.6525 cm x 12.7 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Credit Line
- Gift of Lucinda de Leftwich Templin, Ph.D., in memory of Ella Rice Templin
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.