- Fiddle ladle with horizontal oval bowl and rounded downturned handle with midrib on back and "GMK" engraved in foliate script on front; pointed shoulders. Swage-formed rounded-square drop on back of bowl. Struck once on back of handle "C.A.BURNETT" in raised serif letters in a rectangle.
- Maker is Charles A. Burnett (1769-1849); worked in Fredericksburg, VA, 1788-1793; Alexandria, VA , 1793-1796; and Georgetown, DC, 1796-circa 1840.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- date made
- place made
- United States: District of Columbia, Georgetown
- Physical Description
- silver (overall material)
- overall: 1 7/8 in x 13 1/8 in x 4 in; 4.7625 cm x 33.3375 cm x 10.16 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.