- Large, raised, handleless calyx-shaped cup with hemispherical bottom on pedestal base with molded top, trumpet-shape stem, and applied square foot. Engraved on exterior of cup "Presented by the / Sisters of the New South Church / for its / Communion Service, Jan\y. 1\st, 1815." One side of foot is stamped "MOULTON" with traces of a surround, overstruck at an angle. Centerpoint on bottom underside of cup.
- Maker is Ebenezer Moulton (1768-1824) of Boston and Newburyport (after 1820), MA; working, 1790-1824.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- date made
- place made
- United States: Massachusetts, Boston
- Physical Description
- silver (overall material)
- overall: 7 3/4 in x 4 1/4 in; 19.685 cm x 10.795 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Credit Line
- Estate of Arthur Michael
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.