- Large, single-reeded circular dish with flat well scored around perimeter; no foot ring. Underside struck twice with touch mark of Samuel Pierce, both partial; consists of his name in scrolled reserves above and below a spreadwing, shield-body eagle.
- Maker is Samuel Pierce (1767-1840) of Middletown, CT, and Greenfield, MA; probably made while living in Greenfield, 1795-1810.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- Object Type
- date made
- ca 1788-1831
- place made
- United States: Massachusetts, Greenfield
- Physical Description
- pewter (overall material)
- overall: 3/4 in x 11 1/4 in; 1.905 cm x 28.575 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Credit Line
- Bequest of Dr. Joseph H. Kler
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.