- Inverted pear-shaped creamer decorated with intertwined fuschia sprays around its shoulder and a single cast blossom on its hinged, trumpet-shaped, circular lid; engraved "M\L/K" on one side above the circular, low-domed, ruffle-edged foot. Shallow, curved pouring lip. High-loop, C-curve handle. Gilt-washed interior. Underside of flat bottom struck incuse with a stylized "M" trademark with "5.467" scratched below, "815" in roman letters, and "STERLING" in sans serif letters. From a six-piece coffee and tea service, 1980.0027.01-.06.
- Maker is Marcus & Co., of New York, NY; 1892-1962 (merged with Black, Starr & Frost; founded 1810-present).
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- date made
- c. 1900
- place made
- United States: New York, New York City
- Physical Description
- silver (overall material)
- gold (gilt wash material)
- overall: 4 3/4 in x 6 in x 3 7/8 in; 12.065 cm x 15.24 cm x 9.8425 cm
- ID Number
- accession number
- catalog number
- Credit Line
- Gift of Henry and Mary K. Porter
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.