- Inverted pear-shaped coffeepot decorated with intertwined horsechestnut branches around its shoulder and a cast cluster of horsechestnuts on its hinged, trumpet-shaped, circular lid; engraved "M\L/K" on one side above the circular, low-domed, ruffle-edged foot. Floral-decorated S-curve spout and high-loop, C-curve handle pinned into ivory insulators; body perforated at spout. From a six-piece coffee and tea service, 1980.0027.01-.06.
- Underside of flat bottom struck incuse with a stylized "M" trademark, "815" above "3 1/2 P'T'S." in roman letters,and "STERLING" in sans serif letters.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- date made
- c. 1900
- place made
- United States: New York, New York City
- Physical Description
- silver (overall material)
- ivory (insulators material)
- overall: 8 1/2 in x 10 in x 5 3/4 in; 21.59 cm x 25.4 cm x 14.605 cm
- ID Number
- accession number
- catalog number
- Credit Line
- Gift of Henry and Mary K. Porter
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.