- Twelve latten bells in graduated sizes attached to a single stitched leather strap by iron toggles; iron buckle at both ends. Plain castings; some scribed. Iron clappers differ; missing from two large bells at middle. No marks.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- bells, strap of
- Object Type
- sleigh bells
- Physical Description
- brass (bells material)
- iron (clappers; hardware material)
- leather (strap material)
- overall: 2 1/2 in x 49 1/8 in x 2 3/8 in; 6.35 cm x 124.7775 cm x 6.0325 cm
- ID Number
- accession number
- catalog number
- Credit Line
- Gift of John Paul Remensnyder
- See more items in
- Home and Community Life: Domestic Life
- Domestic Furnishings
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.
Note: Comment submission is temporarily unavailable while we make improvements to the site. We apologize for the interruption. If you have a question relating to the museum's collections, please first check our Collections FAQ. If you require a personal response, please use our Contact page.