- Circular name boss from an arched clock dial plate, cast and engraved across its slightly domed front "Made.By / Rich : Manning / In:Ipswich / 1751" inside a band border with wavy line. Pierced post or shank with two wire hooks is brazed at center of reverse.
- Made by clockmaker Richard Manning (b. c. 1701-1774) of Ipswich, MA.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- name boss
- date made
- place made
- United States: Massachusetts, Ipswich
- Physical Description
- brass (overall material)
- iron wire (hooks material)
- overall: 1/4 in x 3 1/2 in;.635 cm x 8.89 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Credit Line
- Gift of Dr. and Mrs. Arthur M. Greenwood
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.