- Size "2" cold handle, double-point iron; for use with a removable or detachable handle. Maker, place manufactured and size are cast in top of plate screwed to body.
- Maker is the Ferrosteel Company of Cleveland, OH; dates in operation not known but company patented a flat-top sad iron in 1897, suggesting this model was produced before that.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- date made
- ca 1890 - 1900
- place made
- United States: Ohio, Cleveland
- Physical Description
- ferrosteel (overall material)
- overall: 2 in x 6 3/4 in x 3 3/4 in; 5.08 cm x 17.145 cm x 9.525 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Credit Line
- Bequest of Edith R. Meggers
- Household Tools and Equipment
- See more items in
- Cultural and Community Life: Domestic Life
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.