- Black plastic checkbook designed by Julius Sharat (1899-1981), a Jewish industrial designer who fled Germany in 1937, settled in New York City, shortened his name from Sharatzick, signed naturalization papers in 1944, and died in Miami, Florida.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- Plastic Checkbook
- Date made
- closed: 165 mm x 86 mm; 6 1/2 in x 3 3/8 in
- open: 16.5 cm x 26.3 cm; 6 1/2 in x 10 3/8 in
- overall: 5/8 in x 6 9/16 in x 3 3/4 in; 1.5875 cm x 16.66875 cm x 9.525 cm
- ID Number
- accession number
- catalog number
- Credit Line
- Gift of Julius Sharat
- See more items in
- Medicine and Science: Chemistry
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.
Note: Comment submission is temporarily unavailable while we make improvements to the site. We apologize for the interruption. If you have a question relating to the museum's collections, please first check our Collections FAQ. If you require a personal response, please use our Contact page.