- Rectangular, three-sided case or holder with a repousse six-petaled flower flanked by pairs of leaves, all against a planished or spot-hammered ground. Made from one piece bent into a U shape. No marks.
- One of six holders, DL*60.2129A-E and DL*60.2130; all have pairs of leaves except for DL*60.2129E, which has sets of three leaves. Matchbook holder DL*60.2127 is identical, but slightly smaller.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- holder, matchbox
- Physical Description
- silver (overall material)
- overall: 3/4 in x 2 3/8 in x 1 5/8 in; 1.905 cm x 6.0325 cm x 4.1275 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Credit Line
- Gift of Lucinda de Leftwich Templin, Ph.D., in memory of Ella Rice Templin
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.