- Single-reeded circular plate with flat well scored around perimeter; no foot ring. Underside struck once with the tombstone-shaped, eagle touch mark of Thomas Badger, above "BOSTON" in raised serif letters in a rectangle with scrolls below. One of three plates, DL*388308A-C; A-B are identical, C is slightly smaller in size and shows wear.
- Maker is Thomas Badger (1764-1826) of Boston, MA; working 1787-1815.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- Object Type
- date made
- ca 1800-1815
- place made
- United States: Massachusetts, Boston
- Physical Description
- pewter (overall material)
- overall: 1/2 in x 8 1/2 in; 1.27 cm x 21.59 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Credit Line
- Gift of Dr. and Mrs. Arthur M. Greenwood
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.