- Large, plain-rimmed circular dish with shallow, flat well; no foot ring. Underside is struck with a column of incuse serif letters, "R H / A H / S W / M H / 1774", beneath a crowned "X" and two, faint, partial touch marks with scrolled sides and "HOME" in raised serif letters inside a curved reserve at bottom.
- Attributed to John Home of London, England; working 1749-1771.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- Object Type
- date made
- ca 1750
- place made
- United Kingdom: England, London
- Physical Description
- pewter (overall material)
- overall: 1 1/2 in x 18 in; 3.81 cm x 45.72 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Credit Line
- Gift of Dr. and Mrs. Arthur M. Greenwood
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.