- With 13 equal-size, round tapered teeth extending from a wide, rounded spine with raised edges and three voids, bordered by incuse dots, shaped like a pair of wings. Cast as a single piece with gate mark at top center of spine. No other marks.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- comb, mane
- date made
- 1850 - 1900
- place made
- United States
- Physical Description
- iron, cast (overall material)
- overall: 1/4 in x 4 in x 2 1/2 in;.635 cm x 10.16 cm x 6.35 cm
- ID Number
- catalog number
- accession number
- Credit Line
- Gift of Dr. and Mrs. Arthur M. Greenwood
- Textile Processing and Production
- See more items in
- Home and Community Life: Domestic Life
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.
Note: Comment submission is temporarily unavailable while we make improvements to the site. We apologize for the interruption. If you have a question relating to the museum's collections, please first check our Collections FAQ. If you require a personal response, please use our Contact page.