- Raised circular cream pitcher with double-bellied lower body engraved "SML" in flecked foliate script on a domed and stepped circular pedestal base. Incurved neck flares to a deeply curved rim with wide pouring lip and die-rolled band of scrolling leaves on exterior. Cast convex rims of pairs of cornucopias springing from shells at shoulder and top of pedestal; die-rolled band of matching decoration at base. Hollow S-curve handle sprouts from waterleaf volutes. Underside of rounded bottom struck above centerpunch "N.J.BOGERT" in raised roman letters in a rectangle. From a four-piece coffee and tea service, 1985.0962.1-.4.
- Currently not on view
- Object Name
- date made
- ca 1830
- Bogert, Nicholas J.
- place made
- United States: New York, Montgomery
- place used
- United States: New York, New York City
- Physical Description
- silver (overall material)
- overall: 7 5/8 in x 7 5/8 in x 4 3/8 in; 19.3675 cm x 19.3675 cm x 11.1125 cm
- ID Number
- accession number
- catalog number
- Credit Line
- Bequest of Duncan Lewis Edwards
- Data Source
- National Museum of American History
Our collection database is a work in progress. We may update this record based on further research and review. Learn more about our approach to sharing our collection online.